Technical series highlights
Structural integrity cannot be guaranteed without taking corrosion into consideration. All practitioners who work with the design, construction, inspection, operations, and maintenance of concrete structures benefit from corrosion knowledge. Being able to spot tell-tale signs of corrosion and potential damage due to corrosion gives individuals the ability to recommend mitigation strategies to control and prevent degradation that can result in expensive damage or critical failures.
- Jack Tinnea, Tinnea & Associates, LLC
- Jim Ragland, Ragland, Aderman & Associates
- Paul Vinik, GPI
- Chase Knight, City of Gainesville
- Ivan Lasa, GPI
- Identify how to establish a maintenance and inspection cadence and understanding proper protocols.
- Describe corrosion mitigation strategies and methods.
- List the rehabilitation and repairs available when remediating concrete structures.
- Recall the standards and specification criteria common to concrete infrastructure
Who should attend
Professionals from the following company types:
- Structural Engineers
- Professional Engineers
- Cathodic Protection Specialists
- Building Code Experts
- NIST, FBPE, ASCE and more
Corrosion Technical Series completion
Successful completion of the Corrosion Technical Series is required to earn a certificate of completion. Requirements are specific to each Corrosion Technical Series and may include a combination of attendance, daily assessments, activities, quizzes, or knowledge checks.