EMERG is hosting a day-long camp for local high school students during https://ace.ampp.org/home to educate and spread coatings and corrosion awareness to the next generation and we need members to help make the day fun and engaging.
cKit Experiments Responsibilities:
Assist Master Teachers in facilitation and instruction of corrosion experiments from the Corrosion Toolkit (cKit).
- Must be registered to attend AMPP Annual Conference + Expo
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be fluent and/or proficient in English language
- Basic understanding/knowledge of corrosion concepts, including:
- Chemical Reactions
- Activity series of metals
- Cathodic Protection
- Experience explaining or teaching basic concepts in corrosion (preferred)
1st shift is 9:30 am-12:00 pm; 2nd Shift is 12:30-2:45 pm Lunch is served at 11:50 pm - all volunteers welcome to enjoy lunch.
Energetic and excited to introduce coatings and corrosion industry to high school students.
Passion for engaging with young learners.