This 8-hour, online course contains eight (8) core content modules with downloadable job aids, learning activities, and knowledge check questions throughout each module. Topics covered include concrete condition assessment, joint and crack repair, concrete coating types as well as an overview of surface preparation, application, and post installation guidelines for quality.
Learn from home or on the road with this fully responsive and on-demand course which allows the layout and content to automatically adjust and adapt to any device or screen size (i.e. mobile, desktop, laptop or tablet).
- State the basic components and properties of concrete
- Describe how concrete is placed and cured
- Explain the physical and chemical mechanisms of concrete degradation
- Identify common concrete defects
- Recall how concrete commonly deteriorates
- Explain the most commonly used coating systems used on concrete substrates
- Discuss the most common concrete surface preparation methods
- Summarize how to repair surface irregularities and concrete joints and cracks
- Discuss the most common concrete coating application methods
- Summarize how to apply/install coatings to concrete substrates
- Recognize the most common concrete coating inspection instrumentation
- Recall the testing methods used to determine coating integrity
Who should attend
From applicator to engineer, this eCourse is designed to benefit all individuals in the concrete coating industry including:
- Supervisors, foreman and managers
- Contractors and field personnel
- Specifiers, engineers and inspectors
- Technical representatives
- Material and equipment suppliers
To receive a training Certificate of Completion and professional development hours (PDHs) students must successfully complete the entire course, including each learning activity.