This eCourse describes the naval ship cleaning and painting requirements found in NAVSEA Standard Item 009-32. It covers the cleanliness, surface preparation, coating application requirements, and system application instructions for various Navy vessels.
- Introduction to NAVSEA Standard Item 009-32
- Surface preparation criteria
- Coating application criteria
- Inspection and documentation criteria
- Tables 1-9: Criteria for options for different specific vessel areas
- Exercises on navigating the standard item and its tables and ASTM F718 product data sheets
Each participant will access the course materials and complete the exercises online. The written exam consists of 25 multiple-choice questions. To receive a certificate and CEUs, you must complete all modules and exercises and attain at least 70% on the exam.
Benefits of attending
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Describe the general content of NAVSEA Standard Item 009-32
- Locate sources for standards referenced in the Standard Item
- Use the criteria it presents to accomplish the painting requirements outlined for U.S. Navy surface ships, submarines, and aircraft carriers
Who should attend
Those coating contractors, inspectors, and suppliers who need to gain a better understanding of the NAVSEA 009-32 requirements.
What is the next step?
Once you have taken and passed the 009-32 program you can move onto the NAVSEA Basic Paint Inspector (NBPI) Program. For more information please visit here.