The EMERG Student Outreach Program is offering the opportunity for members of “generation next” to sign up for 30-minute career coaching sessions with industry experts. Come share your time and expertise and provide guidance to a young attendee who is still in school or just starting out in the industry.
*To apply for this volunteer opportunity, please return Career_Coach_Application_pdf, along with headshot and bio, no later than February 23rd to Heather at Heather.Lowry@ampp.org.
Location: Exhibit Hall, The Quad, SYP Lounge;
AMPP Annual Conference + Expo; New Orleans, LA
We will be offering 30-minute time slots between the hours of 1-3 pm on Tuesday, March 5th and 12-2 pm on Wednesday, March 6th.
Volunteers may sign up for a maximum of 2 shifts (1 hour) each day.
Some Characteristics of a good Career Coach:
- Relevant expertise and knowledge of the materials protection industry
- Enthusiasm for sharing that expertise and knowledge
- Passion for investing in others
- Values ongoing learning and growth in the field
- Able to provide guidance and constructive feedback
- Willingness to further develop the mentor-mentee relationship
- Must be available on-site at the conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, on Tuesday, March 5th and/or Wednesday, March 6th.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years in a professional role in the materials protection field.