Who should attend
This program benefits anyone working within the Corrosion industry who may be in a position where they are faced with ethical decision making including:
- Quality Control
Section 1 | Introduction
- Recognize the importance of upholding ethical standards across the Corrosion Prevention and Control industry.
Section 2 | Professional Ethics
- Differentiate between ethics, morals and values.
- Discuss how the Six Pillars of Character embody the ethical values of a professional.
- Explain why ethics is important within professional settings.
Section 3 | Factors that Lead to Unethical Decision Making
- Describe what an unethical decision is.
- Describe how rationalizations are used to justify unethical decisions in a professional setting.
- Recognize the factors that can lead an individual to make an unethical decision.
Section 4 | Types of Unethical Behavior
- Identify types of unethical behavior seen when working in the corrosion industry.
- Describe the consequences of engaging in unethical behavior.
Section 5 | A Framework for Ethical Decision Making
- Explain what ethical dilemmas are and why they occur within professional environments.
- Apply an ethical decision-making framework to solve ethical dilemmas.
This program has no prerequisites and is open to anyone who registers.
In 2020 the Certification Commission of the NACE Institute passed a NACE Institute Certification ETHICS TRAINING Requirement for current and new certification holders, effective January 1, 2021
All certification and renewal applicants will be required to complete the NACE International ethics training program OR an equivalent training and provide proof of completion as part of the certification application or renewal process.
This NACE International Ethics Training program meets the new NACE Institute certification requirement. Get more information from the NACE institute.
Successful completion of the course is required to earn a certificate of course completion. Requirements are specific to each course and may include a combination of attendance, daily assessments, activities, quizzes, or knowledge checks.
End of course exam
There is no post course exam, but there will be knowledge checks throughout the course.
All NACE online courses are subscription-based for a period of one year from the date of registration and are non-refundable. Students have access to the course and any corresponding materials for one year and must complete all course work within that one-year time frame before the subscription expires.