Concrete Coating Inspector Level 1 Course
Classroom instruction is comprised of lectures, group exercises, case studies and hands-on practical labs. Students will also participate in exercises designed to apply course concepts to the job site.
- Navigating a coating specification
- Simulated pre-job conference
- Roles of quality assurance and quality control in concrete coating inspection projects
- Operations safety
- Recognizing surface irregularities caused by concrete placement, finishing, and curing
- General inspection
- Concrete coating inspection instrumentation review
- Inspecting concrete surface preparation
- Concrete moisture testing
- Inspecting concrete coating application
- Concrete inspection procedure development
- Simulated concrete project inspection
The course includes lecture, hands-on workshops, quizzes, written homework, and assigned readings from the manual.
Days 1-3 of the program are devoted to classroom lecture about planning and providing third party quality assurance, job site inspection, operations safety, inspection of concrete surface preparation, and concrete moisture testing. Lectures are supplemented by quizzes and group exercises.
Day 4 will begin with inspection of coating application followed by a coating adhesion testing workshop. Then, students will begin the inspection plan development workshop. Following these workshops, students will take a hands-on practical exam on the use of inspection instruments.
Each participant will receive a comprehensive manual with copies of relevant standards. AMPP recommends that candidates take the classroom portion of this course before the course exam and certification exam.
Benefits of attending
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Identify the common duties, responsibilities, and role of a concrete coating inspector
- Define record keeping procedures relating to the job specification
- Identify and explain how to use concrete coating inspection equipment
- Identify and explain the inspection of concrete surface preparation
- Explain how moisture negatively impacts a concrete substrate
- Identify and explain concrete coating inspection methods during and after coating application
- Prepare an inspection plan/procedure
Take the Course