Who should attend
CIP participants seeking to expand their knowledge of bridge coating inspection. Other candidates for this course may include:
- Anyone new to the coatings or inspection industries
- Program/project managers and engineers
- Quality assurance/control managers
- Contractors and specification writers
- Maintenance personnel or blasters
- Explain the purpose, importance, and steps of the surface preparation process.
- Summarize how contaminants, environmental conditions, surface defects and abrasive media affect surface preparation.
- Identify the initial condition of the steel and level of cleanliness using written standards and visual guides.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages along with the tools, and equipment associated with hand and power tool cleaning, dry abrasive blasting and waterjetting.
There are no required prerequisites for this course.
End of course exam
Successful completion of the course is required to earn a certificate of course completion. Requirements are specific to each course and may include a combination of attendance, daily assessments, activities, quizzes, or knowledge checks.
Students will earn a certificate of completion upon successful completion of the eCourse.