How do I get certified?
Step 1: Create a customer profile and agree to liability and candidate agreements
Click here to create your profile or login and follow the prompts to:
- Read and accept the Liability agreement and candidate guide.
- Purchase the exam (you must accept the above documents before purchasing.) The cost of the exam (purchased through the store after clicking 'Get Started) is $250.
Step 2: Complete the Coating Applicator Multiple Choice (CBT) Exam
This exam is computer based and is available at any Pearson VUE testing center.
Once the exam is purchased in Step 1:
- Log into your NACE profile and Click on “My Certification Portal”
- Click on Schedule/Manage exams
- Click on Resume Exam Request
- Read and accept the Terms of Service
- Click on Schedule/Manage exams again (to refresh the screen)
- Click on Schedule with Pearson VUE (you will be directed to the Pearson VUE scheduling site)
Get more information in the Step by Step Guide.
You must pass the written exam prior to moving to Step 3.
Step 3: Complete the practical exam
Once you have passed the computer-based exam in Step 2, you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule the practical exam (please allow 7-10 business days to receive this email).
- This exam is offered at multiple locations.
- You may choose between airless and conventional test methods, however each test site will only offer one option.
- The cost of the exam is $550 and paid directly to the test site/provider.
Upon successful completion of requirements, the candidate will be awarded a Certified Coating Applicator Certification.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com for more details.
A Candidate Guide is available for reference. The candidate is required to review the guide prior to registering for the exam. Click here to view the guide.
View Authorized Testing Sites