Why attend – benefits of attending
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Describe common hazards involved in coating concrete operations
- Explain the role quality control, quality assurance, and coating inspection personnel play during typical concrete coating operations
- Identify the different components of concrete
- Describe moisture vapor transmission and its effect on coating application
- Identify common concrete defects and recognize why they occur
- Repair minor surface irregularities, deteriorated concrete, cracks, and joints
- Discuss the importance of concrete surface profile
- Prepare a concrete surface for coating application
- Identify materials commonly used to coat concrete
- Demonstrate commonly used methods for applying concrete coatings
What this course covers
- General health and safety for coating concrete
- Role of quality personnel in concrete coating applications
- Concrete composition and durability
- Concrete assessment prior to coating application
- Repairing concrete prior to coating application
- Surface preparation of concrete prior to coating application
- Application of coatings on concrete
The training level course contains seven core modules, workshops, hands-on exercises, and quizzes. At the end of the course, a 50-question, multiple-choice final exam is given. In addition to completing all of the course modules, a passing grade of 70% or higher is needed on the final, written exam to receive a certificate of completion, CEUs, and to move on to 1 of the 3 concrete coating applicator certification tracks.
What is the next step?
Once you have taken and passed the Concrete Coating Application Specialist written exam you can move onto the Concrete Coating Application Specialist hands-on, specialty exam. To register for the Concrete Coating Application Specialist Certification Exam contact Sara Badami.