After completion of this eCourse, you will be able to:
- Identify types of corrosion and select coatings that meet project demands.
- Recognize the different types of coatings available and the various mechanisms at work in the process of protection.
- Describe the different types of coating systems and the factors affecting their selection.
- Discuss how proper surface preparation is critical to achieving the maximum level of protection available through protective coating systems.
- Describe the different methods of paint application and determine when each method is most appropriate for a coating project.
- Define the purpose of coatings inspection, the responsibilities of the coating inspector, and the methods and tools used.
- Recall the purpose of specifications, list the main sections, and describe how each helps to ensure optimal coating life.
- Recognize the safety hazards involved in coating operations and the responsibilities of management and workers in safety training and practices.
While there is no formal assessment, this course does include in-course knowledge checks and downloadable job aids. Users completing this course will earn ten hours Professional Development Hours (PDHs) and a Certificate of Completion.