Program Committees: The purpose of each Program Committee is to provide strategic oversight of, and direction to, the assigned programmatic area. In furtherance of this purpose, they:
*Applying as a volunteer requires you to have your free account set up. Setting up your account is easy and only takes 3 quick steps!
- Provide strategic oversight and direction for the products, programs, and services
- Provide recommendations to the Board of Directors on future initiatives, strategies, and proposed investments
- Receive input and guidance from the AMPP Global Center Board of Directors about key gaps, desired areas of focus, industry needs and overarching AMPP direction
- Surface issues that require Board / Executive Staff consideration and action.
The Standards Committee provides strategic direction to the AMPP standards program, including:
- ensuring effective and efficient development of standards and procedural quality
- maintaining a robust new business development plan
- developing recommendations for improving the AMPP Standards Program
In addition to the general program committee qualifications listed below, Standards Program Committee candidates should:
- understand how standards are used in the design, manufacture, test, inspection, maintenance, and certification of products and processes, including the roles that industry, owners, government, and regulatory agencies play
- understand standards development processes (both by voluntary consensus bodies and in-house company programs)
- demonstrate broad technical understanding, including emerging trends and technologies
- possess program management skills, including the ability to set metrics to drive desired behaviors
- have knowledge of or relationships with priority industry sectors for AMPP growth
- General understanding of AMPP’s governing documents and organizational structure.
- Leadership skills, such as, the ability to achieve consensus, team building and facilitation, and the ability to set achievable strategies and goals.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Reflect the global nature of the organization.
- If selected, must sign a nondisclosure agreement (NDA).
- If selected, must serve one program committee per term. Overlap of your service term on two or more committees concomitantly is not permitted.