Pipeline Coating Inspector eCourse (PIPE INSP)
This training course looks at the corrosion protection of steel pipelines with the use of protective coatings and cathodic protection and the duties and responsibilities of the pipeline coatings inspector.
- Recognize the duties of a pipeline coating inspector
- Describe the surface preparation methods, such as centrifugal blast cleaning used on steel pipes.
- Identify different applicable standards used for pipeline inspection
- Identify how to use visual tools such as SSPC-VIS 1 when inspecting surface preparation of pipelines
- Identify the coating systems commonly used on pipelines
- Identify the testing and inspection requirements for surface preparation and coating application of lined steel pipes
- Explain the documentation requirements for a pipeline coating project, including inspection test plans, specifications, and standards
- Pipeline corrosion
- Quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA)
- Safety and the pipeline inspector
- Pipeline inspector’s duties
- Surface preparation prior to application of pipeline coatings
- Fusion-bonded epoxy coatings for pipeline protection
- Miscellaneous pipeline coatings
- Pipeline coatings testing
- Recommended practice and international standards
This course is composed of thirteen core units. Most modules are supplemented by quizzes. The course features units as a series of web pages that students can access whenever it is convenient to them. Students must take the written exam in person. Contact AMPP to set up the exam. The written exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions. To receive a certificate and CEUs, you must attend all 15 hours of the course and attain a 70% or better score on the exam.
Take the eCourse
For information on attaining the Pipeline Coatings Inspection Specialty, please visit the Pipeline Coatings Inspection Specialty page.