Ethics and requirements for certification
Ethics is the foundation of any certification program and reinforces the principles set forth during the certification process. Starting January 1, 2021, all new certification applicants and certification renewal applicants are required to meet the new ethics requirement passed by AMPP (some legacy credentials exempted).
Two ways to meet the requirement:
- Complete the AMPP Ethics for the Corrosion Professional Course
- Submit a 3rd party equivalent training program
What’s needed for an equivalent program?
Equivalent training must cover at least 3 of the 5 topics listed below. Proof of completion will need to be submitted as part of the new or renewal application process.
- Types of unethical behavior commonly encountered in the corrosion field
- Factors that may lead to unethical decision making in the field of corrosion
- Ethical decision-making best practices or processes
- Impacts of unethical decisions or unethical behavior
- How to report unethical behavior
For questions related to course equivalency, please see our FAQ document and a step-by-step guide for submitting 3rd party training. Contact [email protected] with additional questions – for general ethics questions, see our Ethics FAQ section.
Purchase Ethics Course Approved Equivalent Programs.