- Recall basic corrosion theory and CP fundamentals
- Identify types of structures protected by coatings and CP
- Describe the synergistic relationship of coatings used in conjunction with CP
- Determine the advantages and disadvantages of coating types used with CP
- Perform selection criteria, application, inspection, and testing of various coatings
- Identify the failure modes of the various coatings in relationship to CP
- Recognize failure modes of the various coatings in relationship to CP
- Identify disbonded coatings as related to external corrosion and stress corrosion cracking
- Define CP shielding and non-shielding coatings
- Examine and evaluate in-service coatings used with CP
Successful completion of the course is required to earn a certificate of course completion. Requirements are specific to each course and may include a combination of attendance, daily assessments, activities, quizzes, or knowledge checks. All certification and renewal applicants will be required to complete the NACE International ethics training program OR an equivalent training and provide proof of completion as part of the certification application or renewal process.
End of Course Exam
A written exam is administered at the end of the course. Successful completion of the exam is required to earn a certificate of completion.