Who should attend
Although specifically designed for coating inspector trainees, this course benefits anyone interested in gaining a better understanding of coatings application and inspection. This includes:
- Project engineers
- Quality assurance managers
- Technical sales representatives
- Paint applicators
- Maintenance personnel
- Management or staff involved in maritime or shipbuilding with a required knowledge of coatings
- Describe the types and uses of protective coatings, their application, and associated quality control on vessels
- Recognize salient safety issues associated with performing inspection in marine industry
- Identify and use instruments mainly used in marine coating inspection
- Recognize various IMO Resolutions related to protective coatings (PSPC for ballast tanks, cargo tanks and voids, antifouling, etc.)
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Successful completion of the course is required to earn a certificate of course completion. Requirements are specific to each course and may include a combination of attendance, daily assessments, activities, quizzes, or knowledge checks.
Visit NACE International Institute for individual certification requirements. Requirements are specific to each certification and may include a combination of exams, application, course completion, work experience and proof of educational achievements. All certification and renewal applicants will be required to complete the NACE International ethics training program OR an equivalent training and provide proof of completion as part of the certification application or renewal process.