Who should attend
Those assigned worker duties on any industrial deleading project who are: coatings inspectors who document contractor compliance, project managers and coating specifiers, containment superintendents, and design engineers.
- Background information
- Worker protection from lead & other toxic metals
- Regulatory update
- Control of environmental releases
Benefits of attending
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals of the OSHA Lead in Construction and Respiratory Protection Standards
- Discuss the fundamentals of applicable environmental protection regulations and best practices
- Recognize the hazards of exposure and appropriate ways to protect yourself from exposure during lead paint removal operations
Each participant will receive a comprehensive manual that includes references for additional reading, copies of relevant handouts, standards, and regulations. The written exam consists of 25, multiple-choice questions. To receive a certificate and CEUs, you must attend all 8 hours of the course and attain at least 70% on the exam.
Note: State Approval - The Maryland Department of the Environment recognizes this course.