Who should attend
Targeted to pipeline coating applicators, but will also benefit:
- Pipeline inspectors
- Foremen and supervisors
- Manufacturer representatives
- Experienced coatings personnel
- Recognize the impact of external corrosion and the consequences of failure
- Describe the importance of surface preparation, including sand blast cleaning
- Explain how to avoid or control surface contamination and account for weather conditions
- Perform a proper heating of the substrate
- Perform the proper application of:
- 2- and 3-layer heat shrink sleeves
- 2-part epoxy
- Pre-insulated/thermally insulated pipe coatings
- Cold and hot applied tapes
- Petroleum/wax brand tapes
- Utilize inspection equipment typically used during coating inspection
- Inspect quality of coatings in the field
- Describe repair methods and products for 2LPE, 3LPE, FBE, and pre-insulated pipe coatings
There are no required prerequisites for this course.
Successful completion of the course is required to earn a certificate of course completion. Requirements are specific to each course and may include a combination of attendance, daily assessments, activities, quizzes, or knowledge checks. All certification and renewal applicants will be required to complete the NACE International ethics training program OR an equivalent training and provide proof of completion as part of the certification application or renewal process.
End of course exam
Successful completion of the written or online exam is required to earn a certificate of completion.