- Recognize the impact of external corrosion and the consequences of failure
- Describe the importance of surface preparation, including sand blast cleaning
- Explain how to avoid or control surface contamination and account for weather conditions
- Perform a proper heating of the substrate
- Perform the proper application of:
- 2- and 3-layer heat shrink sleeves
- 2-part epoxy
- Pre-insulated/thermally insulated pipe coatings
- Cold and hot applied tapes
- Petroleum/wax brand tapes
- Utilize inspection equipment typically used during coating inspection
- Inspect quality of coatings in the field
- Describe repair methods and products for 2LPE, 3LPE, FBE, and pre-insulated pipe coatings
Successful completion of the course is required to earn a certificate of course completion. Requirements are specific to each course and may include a combination of attendance, daily assessments, activities, quizzes, or knowledge checks.
End of course exam
Successful completion of the written or online exam is required to earn a certificate of completion.