Who should attend
Service men and women who perform maintenance and repair work on military aircraft.
- Corrosion basics and control
- Surface preparation
- Coating types and application
Benefits of attending
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Define common types of corrosion
- Recognize how the environment contributes to corrosion
- Explain how the selection of materials can impact the extent of corrosion
- Describe how a coating protects aircraft
- Identify specific information on the manufacturer’s product data sheet (PDS) and safety data sheet (SDS)
- Recognize and identify those hazards described by Hazard Communication Safety (HCS) labels
- Employ proper surface preparation methods before painting aircraft
This course features modules, workshops, and quizzes. Day 3 of the course features a hands-on workshop in surface preparation and coating application. At the end of the course, a 25-question, multiple-choice final examination is given. In addition to completing all of the course modules, a passing grade of 70% or higher is needed on the final exam to receive a certificate of completion and CEUs.
Note: The Aerospace Maintainer Coating Application Training can fulfill the training requirement for the Aerospace Coating Application Specialist (ACAS) Certification Program.