The online course provides a practical and comprehensive overview for those who are new and inexperienced to the concrete coating industry. This course is designed to provide basic training to concrete coating contractors and is a mandatory prerequisite for individuals seeking Concrete Coating Inspector Certification. This course also meets the practical training requirements of SSPC QP 8, Section 4.4, which requires that each job crew chief and each QC Manager complete a minimum 2-day overview of concrete components, coating and surfacing types, surface preparation and substrate repair techniques based on SSPC Guide 20, Procedures for Applying Thick Film Coatings and Surfacings Over Concrete Floors.
- Concrete composition
- Coating and surfacing concrete
- Concrete condition assessment
- Concrete joint and crack repair
- Concrete surface preparation
- Readiness prior to installation
- General installation guidelines
- Selection of concrete coatings
- Concrete coating application methods
- Post-installation quality assurance
This online course contains core content modules, workshops, and quizzes. At the end of the course, a 50-question, multiple-choice final exam is given. In addition to completing all of the course modules, a passing grade of 70% or higher is needed on the final exam to receive a certificate of completion and CEUs.
Benefits of attending
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Identify the basic components and properties of concrete
- Identify how concrete commonly deteriorates
- Identify the most commonly used coating systems used on concrete substrates
- Identify the most common concrete surface preparation methods
- Explain how to repair concrete joints and cracks
- Identify the most common concrete coating application methods
- Explain how to apply/install coatings to concrete substrates
- Identify the most common concrete coating inspection instrumentation
Who should attend
- Concrete coating managers
- Specifying engineers
- Technical representatives
- Concrete coating educators
- Material and equipment suppliers involved in the concrete coating industry
What is the next step?
Once you have taken and passed the CCB program you can move onto the Concrete Coatings Inspector (CCI) Program.