The Membership Program Committee is conducting a Volunteer Call for individuals interested in being part of the committee. Please see below the information provided.
*Applying as a volunteer requires you to have your free account set up. Setting up your account is easy and only takes 3 quick steps!
Program Committees: The purpose of each Program Committee is to provide strategic oversight of, and direction to, the assigned programmatic area. In furtherance of this purpose, they:
- Provide strategic oversight and direction for the products, programs and services
- Provide recommendations to the Board of Directors on future initiatives, strategies and proposed investments
- Receive input and guidance from the Board of Directors about key gaps, desired areas of focus, industry needs and overarching AMPP direction
- Surface issues that require Board / Executive Staff consideration and action.
The Membership Committee shall oversee Association programs and initiatives that seek to recruit and retain members, as well as provide direction to member chapters and communities of interest. The Membership Committee currently meets each month virtually as we continue to progress on the implementation of our Chapter and Area structure.
The Membership Committee will have designated seats on the Committee for Area Advisors to specific regions globally; however there are also additional seats available for members of the Committee as well. Specifically, the following Areas have open terms: (if you are not a member of these Areas, you are not exempt from applying)
- West Asia & Africa
- East Asia & Pacific
- US Western
- Canada Area
The time commitment will vary between committees. Generally, applicants should expect quarterly meetings of the full committee with some committee work occurring between meetings. Almost all committee meetings will occur virtually so as to enable greater global participation and lower the financial burden of travel. Committee Chairs may decide to hold an in-person meeting, yet it is expected that all meetings will allow virtual participation.
The following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) are required for an Area Advisor position on the Membership Committee.
- Familiar with AMPP governance documents
- Broad knowledge of Area membership
- Familiar with AMPP’s strategic plan
- Experienced in Chapter operations with a minimum of six years in a Chapter/Section officer position (legacy service included)
- Support, connect and communicate AMPPs mission
- Willingness and ability to dedicate time
- Ability to provide direction and motivation to your Area
- Participate in AMPP conferences and events
If selected, must sign a nondisclosure agreement (NDA)
Terms' duration: January 1, 2023 - December 31, 2025.