AMPP EMERG Student Outreach is hosting a day-long mini-camp for local high school students during AMPP Annual Conference + Expo, to educate and spread corrosion awareness to the next generation!
*Applying as a volunteer requires you to have your free account set up. Setting up your account is easy and only takes 3 quick steps!
We are looking for volunteers to help assist with cKit™ experiments during the EMERG Student Camp.
- Students will participate in hands-on corrosion related activities, utilizing the EMERG cKit™ (Corrosion Toolkit), and will learn basic scientific principles of corrosion in topics such as oxidation, thermodynamics, and electrochemistry.
- Students will also learn about research and career opportunities from industry professionals and university students while touring the Expo show floor.
If you often find yourself explaining to others about the awesome effects of corrosion, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Wednesday, March 9, 2022
First shift is 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Second shift is 12:30 pm - 2:45 pm
Lunch is served at 12:00 pm - all volunteers welcome to enjoy lunch
cKit Experiments Responsibilities
Assist Master Teachers in facilitation and instruction of corrosion experiments from the EMERG Corrosion Toolkit (cKit™)
- Must be registered to attend AMPP Annual Conference + Expo, in San Antonio, TX
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be fluent and/or proficient in English language
- Basic understanding/knowledge of corrosion concepts, including:
- Chemical Reactions
- Activity series of metals
- Cathodic Protection
- Experience explaining or teaching basic concepts in corrosion (preferred)
Thank you for your interest!