The Finance and Audit Program Committee is conducting a Volunteer Call for individuals interested in being part of the committee. Please see below the information provided.
*Applying as a volunteer requires you to have your free account set up. Setting up your account is easy and only takes 3 quick steps!
Program Committees: The purpose of each Program Committee is to provide strategic oversight of, and direction to, the assigned programmatic area. In furtherance of this purpose, they:
- Provide strategic oversight and direction for the products, programs and services
- Provide recommendations to the Board of Directors on future initiatives, strategies and proposed investments
- Receive input and guidance from the Board of Directors about key gaps, desired areas of focus, industry needs and overarching AMPP direction
- Surface issues that require Board / Executive Staff consideration and action.
The Finance & Audit Committee is responsible for the following as they apply to the association:
- Oversight of fiscal and risk management policies of the Association
- Budgets of the Association
- Ensuring fiscal policy aligns with the objectives of the Association
- Oversight of staff compensation strategy
- The method for selection of the investment funds of the Association
- Oversight of the independent auditor
- Recommend Board action in response to the independent auditor’s report
- Other responsibilities assigned by the Board of Directors
- If selected, must sign a nondisclosure agreement (NDA)
- Ability to understand financial statements
- Experience in creating budgets
- Educational training in accounting/finance or business administration is highly preferred
- Work experience is an accounting or finance leadership role is highly preferred
- Excellent communications skills
- Time to dedicate to this professional volunteer opportunity
- Commitment to attend regular meetings
Commitment: The time commitment will vary between committees. Generally, applicants should expect quarterly meetings of the full committee with some committee work occurring between meetings. Almost all committee meetings will occur virtually so as to enable greater global participation and lower the financial burden of travel. Committee Chairs may decide to hold an in-person meeting, yet it is expected that all meetings will allow virtual participation.
Terms' duration: January 1, 2023 - December 31, 2025.
Thank you for your interest!